- Railway coal transport volume rose 10.7% year on year to 190 million tons in August, the National Development and Reform Commission said. Of all, thermal coal volume was 132 million tons, up 9.7% year on year. In the first 8 months, railway coal transport volume was up 0.3% year on year to 1.51 billion tons, including 1.06 billion tons of thermal coal, which was down 1.4% year on year.
- China's volume-based resource tax on coal will soon be levied based on sales prices, the 21st Century Business Herald reported. Experts say the reform will alleviate burden on coal producers.
- China's coal imports rose 15.5% year on year to 213 million tons in the first 8 months of 2013, according to customs figures. In August alone, coal imports totaled 25.96 million tons, up 27.4% year on year and down 9.4% month on month.
- China's nationwide average cement price rose 0.4% week on week in the week through September 22, Citic Securities International said in a research report. Prices in eastern, central, southern and southwestern regions rose by 10-30 yuan/ton, and prices in northwestern, northern and northeastern regions remained unchanged, with no regions recording price falls.
Other Basic Materials
- China's iron ore production is expected to reach 1.41 billion tons in 2013, up 7.5% from the year before, predicted Liu Xiaoliang, secretary general of the Metallurgy and Mining Association of China. Domestic iron ore production grew 6.9% year on year to 772.56 million tons in the first 7 months. China's annual iron ore capacity is projected to reach 1.83 billion tons by the end of 2015 and reach 2 billion tons by the end of 2020.
- China's output of 10 most used nonferrous metals grew 9.7% year on year to 26.23 million tons in the first 8 months of 2013, the National Development and Reform Commission said. In the first 7 months, the nonferrous metal industry's profit dropped 10.2% year on year to 89 billion yuan.
- China's cotton imports fell 9.7% year on year to 276,000 tons in August, according to customs figures. In the first 8 months, cotton imports were down 19.7% year on year to 741,000 tons.
You are currently reading
total words in this article.
To continue reading this article, you must be a subscriber.
Log in now..