Simcere Pharma to Be Taken Private
Simcere Pharmaceutical Group (NYSE: SCR), a Chinese manufacturer and supplier of branded generic drugs, said its board had agreed to sell a $495.4 million worth of stake to a consortium led by the company's founder and chairman Ren Jinsheng. The consortium offered $9.66 for each American depository share, 3% higher than the closing price on Tuesday. The consortium already owned 77.6% of Simcere Pharmaceutical, and the deal, which is to prompt Simcere's delisting, will take its ownership to 92.03%; Shanghai Fosun Pharmaceutical Group Co (SHA: 600196) owns the remaining 7.97%. Simcere Pharmaceutical posted 987 million yuan in revenues and 52.69 million yuan in net profits for 1H 2013.

Shanda Games 1H Earnings Jumps 21%
Shanda Games Ltd (Nasdaq: GAME) posted $175.6 million in revenues and $60.6 million in net profits for Q2 2013, down 4% and up 21.4% respectively from a year earlier. Revenue from massive multiplayer online games was 928 million yuan, representing 85.5% of the total; revenue from mobile games was 102 million yuan, representing 9.4% of the total. The company did not give reasons for the decrease in total revenue and the increase in earnings. It expected revenue to rise 3-4% in Q3 2013 from Q2 2013 and mobile gaming to make up over 10% of its total revenue.

Gome Swings to Profit
Gome Electrical Appliances Holding Ltd (HKG: 0493), China's second largest consumer electronics retailer by revenue, posted 322 million yuan in net profits for 1H 2013, reversing the 501 million yuan loss recorded a year earlier, which was its only half-year loss. Effective cost control was credited to its loss-to-profit turnaround. Revenue was up 10.2% year on year to 27.11 billion yuan. Gome opened 35 stores and closed 70 in 1H 2013; it was operating 1,073 stores across 250 cities in China as at the end of June 2013.

You are currently reading words of total words in this article.
To continue reading this article, you must be a subscriber. Log in now..

Finish this article for free.
C-M-O-D-O AUTHENTIC SITE PayPal
@2014 China Economy @ China Perspective.
All Right Reserved.
Server SSL Certificate