Dec 6 – Huaneng Power International Inc (NYSE: HNP, SHA: 600011, HKG: 0902), China's largest listed power producer, will spend a combined ¥1.2 billion ($1 = ¥6.7) purchasing a 50% stake in Huaneng Energy and Transport Co and a 30% stake in Hainan Nuclear Co. All of the three companies are subsidiaries of China Huaneng Group.

Source: http://www.mergers-china.com/news/detail.asp?id=24496

 

Dec 2 – Ericsson has acquired Guangdong Nortel Telecommunication Equipment Co for $50 million. Its 1,100 employees including 550 R&D engineers will become employees of Ericsson.

Source: http://finance.qq.com/a/20101203/002169.htm

 

Dec 1 – Huawei Technologies Co, China's largest manufacturer of telecommunications equipment, has agreed to spend $10 million acquiring M4S, a 4G mobile telecommunications device maker and a subsidiary of Option, a Belgian wireless network equipment manufacturer.

Source: http://tech.qq.com/a/20101202/000007.htm

 

Nov 30 – Huaxin Cement Co (SHA: 600801) said it has bought out Sanyuan Cement Co from Hubei Jinglan Group. Sanyuan has ¥80 million in registered capital, of which 57.5% is owned by Jinglan and 42.5% by Sanyuan's general manager.

Source: http://www.caijing.com.cn/2010-11-30/110579878.html

 

Nov 30 – China Resources Breweries Co, a subsidiary of China Resources Enterprise Ltd (HKG: 0291), paid ¥268 million for a 45% stake in 50-year-old Hangzhou Xihu Beer Co and 16 of its trademarks. The acquisition will lift Resources Breweries' capacity in Zhejiang province to 2 million tons. The province consumes 3 million tons of beer a year, ranking third nationwide. The remaining 55% stake is owned by Tsingtao Brewery Co (SHA: 600600, HKG: 0168).

Source: http://finance.qq.com/a/20101130/001695.htm

 

Nov 30 – Shanghai Pharmaceutical Co (SHA: 601607), China's second biggest drug company by revenue, said it was planning to purchase a 55.45% stake in China Health System Ltd as part of its efforts to explore the market of northern China. The value of the deal was reported to be worth ¥4 billion. CHS was registered in the Cayman Islands.

Source: http://finance.qq.com/a/20101130/001387.htm

 

Nov 30 – Intime Department Store Group Co (HKG: 1833) purchased an 84.5% stake in Suizhou New Century for ¥248 million. New Century, the largest mall in Zuizhou, Hubei province, generated ¥600 million in revenue in 2009.

Source: http://www.mergers-china.com/news/detail.asp?id=24477

You are currently reading words of total words in this article.
To continue reading this article, you must be a subscriber. Log in now..

Finish this article for free.
C-M-O-D-O AUTHENTIC SITE PayPal
@2014 China Economy @ China Perspective.
All Right Reserved.
Server SSL Certificate