December 9 – Siemens AG (NYSE: SI) and Shanghai Electric Group Co (SHA: 601727, HKG: 2727) agreed to establish two joint ventures focused on wind power. Shanghai Electric will own 51% of each of the two firms and Siemens China the remaining 49%.
http://www.eeo.com.cn/2011/1209/217481.shtml

December 8 – A Chinese court dismissed Apple Inc's (NASDAQ: APPL) lawsuit against a Chinese company that owns the iPad brand in mainland China, the Wall Street Journal reported. The Shenzhen Intermediate People's Court said that it overruled Apple's claim that the iPad trademark, which was registered in 2001 by Shenzhen Proview Co, should be transferred to Apple as part of an earlier agreement the US company struck with Shenzhen Proview's parent, Proview International Holdings Ltd, a contract manufacturer of LCDs and audiovisual products.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970203413304577084210140940288.html

December 7 – South Korea's Samsung Electronics Co said it is seeking government approval to set up a flash memory factory in China, its first manufacturing base for semiconductors there, to meet strong demand for smartphones and tablet computers.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204903804577081573092874872.html

December 7 – JPMorgan Chase & Co (NYSE: JPM) completed raising an equivalent of $1 billion Renminbi-denominated fund in China, the largest fund of its kind in the country overseen by a foreign institution.
http://finance.qq.com/a/20111207/002298.htm

December 6 – Gap Inc (NYSE: GPS) opened its first store in Zhejiang's provincial capital, Hangzhou, increasing the number of its stores in China to 11, including five in Shanghai, four in Beijing and one in Hong Kong. The US clothing retailer plans to open another four stores by the Chinese New Year and operate 45 by the end of 2012.
http://www.linkshop.com.cn/web/archives/2011/186873.shtml

December 6 – Google Inc (NASDAQ: GOOG) generated ¥1 billion from ad revenues in China in Q3 2011, according to iResearch.
http://tech.qq.com/a/20111206/000248.htm

December 6 – Ikonic Entertainment Group, a Los Angeles-based entertainment company, plans to co-develop a $3.1 billion martial arts theme park and resort in Wudang Mountain, Hubei province with a local investment firm, the Wall Street Journal reported, citing two people familiar with the project.
http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204770404577080790753010740.html

December 6 – General Motors Co (NYSE: GM) said China sales totaled 237,130 vehicles in November and 2.35 million vehicles in the first 11 months, up 20% and 8.2% year on year respectively, Bloomberg reported.
http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2011-12-06/general-motors-china-vehicle-sales-rise-20-on-bigger-incentives-models.html

December 5 – Nestle SA is reportedly considering reassessing its strategy for China's ice cream market as it trails tough local competitors.
http://www.yicai.com/news/2011/12/1247200.html

December 5 – Linde Group, a German industrial gas producer, said it plans to invest ¥380 million building an oxygen facility in Jilin Chemical and Industry Park to supply high purity oxygen to Chinese chemical factories.
http://www.eeo.com.cn/2011/1205/217214.shtml

$1 = ¥6.34

You are currently reading words of total words in this article.
To continue reading this article, you must be a subscriber. Log in now..

Finish this article for free.
Related Articles
C-M-O-D-O AUTHENTIC SITE PayPal
@2014 China Economy @ China Perspective.
All Right Reserved.
Server SSL Certificate